What is a Photo Essay Assignment Rubric?
A photo essay assignment rubric is a useful tool that is mostly used during the writing process of a student. It provides a clear guideline on how to judge a studentâ€™s writing. It enables the teacher to be more deliberate with their remarks. A rubric requires a lot of analysis and judgment.
The rubric provides small but meaningful comments that the teacher can use to figure out whether the student met the expectations. Furthermore, it offers basic suggestions such as whether the composition was outstanding and needed to be improved or eliminated. Here is a basic rubric that you can use when composing a photo essay assignment.
How to Apply the Rubric
It is mostly applied during the pre-writing phase of the writing process. As a teacher, you can use it to figure out if your student is on track or not. Here are some tips to apply the rubric when composing a photo essay assignment.
- Identify the key concerns: For each task, ask yourself if you were successful in addressing the aims and targets. You can also gauge if your composition was formal or casual.
- Rate the qualities of the studentâ€™s work: An average grade is not good enough. Instead, aim to get the best and highest ratings. You can also apply the star rating system.
- Carefully scrutinize the photos: When judging a work, focus on the unique elements. Otherwise, you will probably not notice the mistakes that your student made.
By reading through the rubric, the teacher can figure out the strengths and weaknesses of the students. If you apply the rubric during the writing process, you are more likely to maintain high standards. An excellent rubric is important as it guides you on what you should do during the writing process.
Are There Different Rulings for a Photo Essay?
The rubric applies to all types of visual presentations. When composing a slideshow, you can use one basic rubric. However, you can develop your own rubric as long as it is based on the type of presentation.
How to Develop a Rubric
Rubrics are basic guidelines that must be applied carefully. Here is a simple process that you can use to figure out how to develop a rubric for your photo essay assignment.
- Read and understand the instructions: Before starting the writing process, read and understand the instructions. It will help if you are given various tasks to judge your composition. It also applies to a studentâ€™s level and assignment. For example, you cannot use the rubric for high school work.
- Rate the studentâ€™s work: Rate the studentsâ€™ work using the star rating system. For example, if your instructor said you could get 4.5/5, that means you should get an average rating of 4.5. Confirm if you are within the range recommended by the instructor.
- Create an average rating scale: Use this scale to rate your student’s work. You can also use a higher or lower rating scale if you are in a hurry.
Depending on the instructions, you can get different rubrics to use. The one applied most of the times is the average rubric. In addition, you can also come up with a custom rubric by applying different criteria. In the powerpoint presentation help end, all you need is to ensure that you apply the correct rubric throughout the entire writing process.